There is only one happiness in life -- to love and to be loved.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Mother's Day

This mother's day was a lot of fun! Connor is at the stage where he is beginning to learn how to express his love, he was able to give me kisses and hugs.  We started the day out right by going to church.  It was so special to hear the primary kids sing (it feels like it has been forever since the last two yrs we were in a student married ward).  Connor was in desperate need of a nap so we left church early and put him to sleep.  It was nice because Adam and I also fit in a nap too.  My parents had invited over the Jones family so that we could see Adam's mom.  Both of my grandma's came over for dinner (and of course so did grandpa). The guys were in charge of making dinner, and they went all out.  Dad made a ton of food (BBQ chicken, pasta salad, spinach, Broccoli and cheese, etc) and the Jones brought lots of desserts (dad also made chocolate cheesecake) YUM! It was nice getting to spend the day visiting and eating good food with family.  After everyone left we walked over to my Grandma's for cake.  Aunt Sue bought cake for everyone, she also got me and my mom a hanging flower plant, which is really pretty!  I got a gift card, phase 10 masters and perfume from my in-laws.  Adam and i didn't exchange gifts since we are currently still looking for a job but he gave me the day off from changing Connor's diapers!

The day reminded me how lucky I am to be a mother and to be blessed with my little Connor and all the hardships, experiences and pure joy of motherhood.  I am grateful to have my wonderful mom, an awesome MIL and two great grandmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment