There is only one happiness in life -- to love and to be loved.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Packing, once again..

Adam and I packed up all of our belongings that were at his house and we moved them down to Massillon Aug 9th. The next couple of days flew by! The next day we spent getting things organized at my parents' house. My sister Athena and her 3 kids came over to visit for a couple hours. It was nice getting to see them before we moved and we were able to get pictures.  We had a family dinner at my grandparents house. It was really nice because we were able to visit with my Uncle Donnie who was visiting from TX. It has been forever since I have seen him and it was Adam's (and Connor's) first time meeting him.  Our visit was cut short bc our munchkin was super grumpy and needed a nap! 
All of us siblings and our kids (minus Jess because she was at work)     




My Mom's Family
With spouses

My family and My Grandparents

Grandma K and Connor and I

Playing Hot Wheels together :)
 Thursday we got up early and picked up the moving truck.  It didn't take nearly as long as we thought to load it up. We headed over to my Grandma K's house with my family and packed all of our things. The number one thing that I will remember the next time we move is not to over pack the boxes! Some of the boxes were so heavy that two people struggled to carry them and they were bulging at the sides. It is saying something if it is hard for my dad to pick up a box!  We finished everything in only 2 hours! After we showered and got some lunch, Adam had to drive back up to stow to get a physical for work and Connor and I went to visit with my Grandma. It was good because Connor was very playful with her.

That night I went to dinner with my high school friend Stephanie. It was good getting to see her again before leaving Ohio.  When I got home Adam and I went bought all the kids ice cream cones. It was a little way of saying thank you for all the help that they gave us. 

That Thurs was a little hard because my grandpa was in the hospital. He has been having a lot of health problems lately.  He was filling up with water weight ( gained 20 lbs in only a few days) and they were afraid it was going to harm his heart and lungs. My mom, aunts and uncles all went up to the hospital with to support my grandparents. Luckily he was able to come home that Mon and is doing better but he still has his bad days. They found out that his liver is bad, I don't remember what it is called but basically his liver is the same as if he was a heavy drinker even though he never drank in his life.  There isn't a cure for him and he isn't a likely candidate for a liver transplant...

No comments:

Post a Comment