There is only one happiness in life -- to love and to be loved.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

We have a WALKER!

Connor is walking!! That is right! Friday he took his first step and I was the one who saw! It's kind of funny because Adam was sitting on the couch doing homework, even though he was like 4 feet away, he totally missed it! That is ok though because the next day Connor did a repeat show and took another step for his daddy to see. Then today he woke up and was in a good mood playing on the couch in between Adam and I.  He was really happy to see me since I was at work all day, so he was jumping up and down on the couch (jumping minus his feet coming off the couch) and then he took 2 steps to come to me!! It was perfect because we were both able to be there! He then did it a few times. I had this bright idea to go to the floor to see if Connor would walk some more for us. He did! All it required was a little bribing! He would walk back in forth between the two of us talking like 7-8 steps without falling and he did it multiple times!!! The only lame part is that the second we pulled out the camera to record it he stopped.  It was like his thought process was screw walking, it's so much faster to just crawl to get the camera. Haha which is so true at this point, such a smart little guy we have! I think it is pretty much safe to say that he will be walking full time before his birthday in a little over a month!

Other than that I am working my new job and I actually really enjoy it. I love working with the kids one on one and getting to spend quality time getting to know them better and help them.  It is a rewarding job and we usually have a lot of fun together.  Since I only work part time I have pretty great hours too. I only have one night were I am home at like 730, the rest of the time I get to be with my precious family by 515! The only down side is all the mileage it is putting on the car! Driving back and forth to St Antony multiple times a day really adds up! Oh well, HOPEFULLY this job will only be until April or May and then Adam will have a job lined up :)

Adam is doing alright. Him and Connor are getting over being sick. (Adam just has a cold and our poor little guy has his first ear infection).  He is now in his 2nd week of his LAST semester of his undergraduate degree!!! That is so exciting for us because that means that we are done with Rexburg and Idaho (hopefully) Forever!! Don't get me wrong, we have enjoyed our time here but this is def not where we want to set roots! Adam is currently waiting to her back for a job that he applied for in PA for adult probation.  He flew out last week to take a test and now were just waiting to get the letter in the mail with his score and whether or not he'll have an interview at the end of this month! Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment