There is only one happiness in life -- to love and to be loved.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Father's Day

Adam and I were staying at his families house the weekend of father's day.  The sat before we went to brunch at Bob Evan's and then later that day we went fishing. We started out with Connor there but that didn't last long. It was too hot and there wasn't much that kept his attention. I ended up driving him back home and he hung out with his Nanny.  Everyone had a pretty fun time, the fish were really little and almost everyone caught some.  Mason caught at least 15 fish, it felt like every time he put his hook in the water within seconds he would have a fish.  I only caught 2, the one fell off of the hook before i could reel it up all the way and the other one, the poor fish was caught under neath his gill! Adam only caught one and it fell of the hook as well. We were sharing a pole so I think we had the wrong type of hook  or something.  Later that night we just relaxed around home and played Blockus.

Sunday morning we went to church and they had really good talks.  It was nice because Nanny took Connor during Sunday school so I was able to stay in all of class. During RS he was such an angel.  He played with his toys and only got fussy the last 5 mins. Of course it helped that I gave him a sucker.  Adam got a bottle of rootbeer and popcorn for Father's day and then bc he was the youngest dad in the ward he got a 2 litter bottle as well.


After church we went home and started to get things ready for dinner. My family came down and we had all sorts of food. The men all had steak (well Adam's dad had fish) :) IT was funny bc Ken and Larry was willing to cook all the steak but Adam wanted to do his own. I guess if that is what he wanted then he should be allowed since it was his day!  We weren't able to stay long bc Adam and I needed to get on the road to head to KY!


Overall I think that Adam had a good day! Same with our dads!

No comments:

Post a Comment