There is only one happiness in life -- to love and to be loved.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Road trip to Kentucky,

Adam had an interview in Paducah KY the Monday after Father's day. I was driving down with him because it was 9 hours away! We had to leave around 3 on Father's day.  We left Connor to stay with my family.  It was hard because this was the first time that I was ever away from him over night.  The trip there wasn't too bad at all. Time went pretty quickly and even at 9 it didn't seem that late because the sun was still shining! We weren't planning on getting to the hotel until 12, but boy did we have a nice surprise! The western part of the state is in central time! We got to the hotel a little after 11. I only had one little break down and cried when my mom said that Connor was asleep.  It just made me sad that I wasn't there when he fell asleep and I wouldn't see him all of the next day. It was so nice because we were both up by 8 and felt great! We ate breakfast in the hotel and were on our way to his interview.

Adam looked so handsome:


While I was waiting for him to get done I drove around the city and spent some time at wal-mart.  As soon as he was done we were back on the road. What should have only been a 7 1/2 hour drive turned into 9 1/2 because of all the traffic.  For an hour and a half we were at stand still traffic. The drivers were horrible that day too.  I feel asleep for a few mins and woke up to a car almost merging into us! I tried to go back to sleep a few hours later and it happened again! That did it, scared me to death, I gave up sleeping the rest of the trip. We finally made it home close to 10 that night! Man, we were so ready for bed! Connor ended up falling asleep in bed with us!

Us in the traffic jam and then Cincinnati welcome back to Ohio!

No comments:

Post a Comment