There is only one happiness in life -- to love and to be loved.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Count Your Blessings

This year it was so common seeing everyone putting up thankful statuses everyday in Nov leading up to the Thanksgiving. I decided I would just post the 25 top things that I am grateful for in a blog, that way I can go back and read over it a lot easier!

1. My husband. I am so very lucky to have a wonderful companion to be with me in this life and all eternity. He makes me a better person, is a wonderful father and husband, is loving and patient, and makes me beyond happy.
2. Connor, what a privilege it is to be the mother to that sweet, kind, fun little boy!
3. My education, even though I am not working I am so glad that I got my degree and the fact that I am an LSW. I love the fact that I have this license to fall back on if ever needed, and the the things that I have learned becoming a social worker.
4. Being a stay home mom! What more explanation does this need? I get to spend everyday taking care of my sweet baby... best thing in the world!
5. My sisters. I have the best sisters anyone could ask for, they have been there through out my entire life as some of my best friends. It is so amazing to watch them as they grow up and to see the women and young women that they are becoming! (ha, that makes me sound so old!)
6. My dad. I am thankful for all of the sacrifices and many long hours of work that he has put in over the years! As long as I can remember he has worked at least 2 jobs so that my mom could stay home with us.. that is a  man that loves his family!
7. My In-laws. I am so lucky to have such amazing in laws. I love Adam's family as my own. It has been great getting to live with them over the summer and having to chance to get to know them better.
8. The Gospel of Jesus Christ of Latter- Day Saints, even this is number 8 on my list it really ranks much higher. Without it, my life would have no meaning or direction!
9. The Book of Mormon, whose words bear a sweet and powerful testimony to our Savior, Jesus Christ. I am so Thankful for all the sacrifices that have been made by great people so that I can have my own copy sitting in my home to read and ponder whenever I want.
10. Adam's job, this year it has been hard finding a job and the one that Adam has in Ky isn't the ideal job but  at the same time this is where the Lord wants us and Adam is still getting experience built up!
11. Primary, I am thankful for the chance that I get to work in the primary and serve the sweet 6 yr old class.
12. Beautiful weather, which to me includes all 4 seasons. Yes, I love the sunshine, snow and rain storms!
13. My brothers, yes sometimes they absolutely drive me crazy, but they are some of the funniest people at times. I love the times where spent hours playing Tripoly and I can't get over the face that all 3 of my younger brothers are the perfect, seriously, uncles.
14. Crafts, I am thankful for the fact that there are so many cheap crafts that are out there that are both fun and easy to make.
15. My grandparents. All of them are wonderful examples to me! My grandma and grandpa are the perfect example of righteous living, they are humble, read the BOM and pray often, are service oriented and are so full love.  My other grandma is also a great example to me. She is willing to help out those that are in need, has a very funny personality and is such a kind lady. This past Oct. my grandpa passed away, but I will always be thankful for the wonderful man he was.
16. Living in the Latter days, how lucky are we to live where we have so much modern technology to help us?
17. My birthday! Haha, and my mom. During her pregnancy with me she gained 100 lbs, was bed rested and had a few cracked ribs.. and she still loved me ;) Seriously, I am so thankful for the close relationship that I have with my mom, the friendship and love that we have is amazing.
18. Netflix, I know this sounds silly, but without all the great kids shows I don't know how we'd deal with some of Connor's emotions.
19. Friends, both old and new!
20. My Savior and His Atonement! There is no way I can express my gratitude for Him!
21. Visiting Teaching, I am so thankful for this program and the blessing it is to get to know and love those sisters in my ward!
22.Car Trips, we are so blessed that Connor handles the 8 hour car trip to Ohio like a champ... almost every time!
23. The fact that my and Adam's families live so close, and are friends!
24. Black Friday, budgets, and learning to spend money extremely wisely.
25. Extended Family, I am so grateful that we were able to spend this Thanksgiving with almost 50 family members!

No comments:

Post a Comment