There is only one happiness in life -- to love and to be loved.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

October 2011

I can't believe that the entire month of October is over! Where did time go? It is crazy to think that I was in Ohio for all but the last couple of days of it too.
Here is a list of the things that have happened:
  • Shannon (ok it was the last weekend of Sept), Karleia, Ken and Jessica's birthdays!
  • Lots and lots of visits to the Cleveland VA hospital to visit my grandpa. This consisted of spending time in the room visiting my grandparents, driving up in the middle of the night, spending the night, having family get togethers and lots of time at the fish tank with Connor. 
  • Connor feeding my grandpa cheeze-its and even force feeding him one when he bent down to tell him bye. He even would kiss him on the checks and rub the sides of his cheeks.
  • Watching my grandpa have a break down and cry when he realized and talked about the fact that he wouldn't be around to watch Connor grow up.
  • Finding out that my grandpa passed away on Fri, 10-14 around 8 at night. My family was all at the hospital but i made the personal choice not to go, I had time to say my final goodbyes and I didn't want to see him in those last moments suffering.
  • Of course the long days of the funeral and calling hours. The calling hours were good because there were so many people that came to show respect to him and my grandma.  The actual funeral was hard to get through.
  • Seeing my sweet, loving husband for the first time after being apart for 3 whole weeks (this includes seeing how happy my sweet son was to be with his daddy again. The smile that grew wider and wider as he saw him walk up the steps towards him).
  • A Massillon Tiger football game, well, one that didn't make it to the pregame. It ended up storming and we took the kids home. I was able to enjoy the first half that started late but the warm ups Connor saw he loved.
  • Visits to my Grandma Kerstetter's house.
  • Trunk or Treating with my siblings at my family's ward. (of course this means making Connor's Mr Potato head costume)
  • Driving to LaGrange KY to watch Adam graduate from basic training and fire arm training for Probation and Parole officers.

and here are all the pics to go with the above :)



just like daddy working on his laptop

hanging out with joe after he broke his arm




making eggs with jess





reunited :)

football game





getting popcorn at the game





putting air in the tire w grandpa



helping grandpa


As you can see the month was very, very busy!! It was a sad month but also good to see and spend so much time with family. My grandpa's passing was made easier by the Plan of Salvation and the loving, comfort of the Holy Ghost and our Heavenly Father.  Needless to say, I am so grateful to be back home!

1 comment:

  1. I love your pictures! You look so good! And Connor is huge! His halloween costume is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete