There is only one happiness in life -- to love and to be loved.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Hard times ahead...

My grandpa has been in the hospital now for the last two weeks. Two nights ago I got a phone call in the middle of the night that my mom thought he wasn't going to make it through the night. She had my dad take all the kids out in the middle of the night so that they could say goodbye. Luckily, he pulled through and is still with us. I had a huge break down in the middle of the night knowing that I am so far away and I want to see him.Thankfully, Adam and I are headed down Friday after he gets off work. Its hard because he has no vacation, sick or personal time built up and wont until Oct. We'll get in after 1 am. I feel bad for Adam because then he has to turn around and drive back Sun alone, but I am very glad that he will get to see my grandpa also. I am just going to stay with my parents until he gets back from training. It is going to be so hard and difficult to be away from him for 5 weeks. It breaks my heart that he and Connor wont be together. Hopefully, there are going to be nightly skype and phone calls. 

I am looking forward to the time that I get to spend with my family and my grandparents. The time I get to be with grandpa before he passes on and the last memories I get to make. I am so grateful for the gospel in my life and for the plan of salvation, the hope and knowledge that I, my family, and most importantly my grandma will be able to be with him for eternity. It makes me happy that my grandpa will get to be free of pain, and suffering. Also he will be amazing helping the work move along in the Spirit world and that is so important, I am sure he is looking forward to seeing his loved ones that have already passed on- especially my Aunt Wanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment