There is only one happiness in life -- to love and to be loved.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Stay at Home Mom

I have always wanted to be able to stay home with my kids.  Growing up this is how I would always just imagine my life when I had a family. When we first had Connor I was in my last semester for my Bachelor's degree, luckily all I had was an on-line religion class and my internship which also doubled as my job, I was gone roughly 27 hours a week.  That was hard, taking care of a newborn, nursing and being gone half the time. Once I graduated I had to work for the next year while Adam was finishing his degree. It wasn't too bad bc our schedules worked so that Connor rarely  needed a babysitter, which was a huge comfort knowing he was with Adam instead of a stranger (this only worked bc Adam was willing to work the 3-7am shift and take a ton of on-line classes).
When we moved to Ohio this past April, Adam and I both had the privilege of staying with Connor (and enjoying family time) but once it was clear it was harder to get a job, Adam started working full time as a security officer for Deibold.  During this time I was able to be with Connor still, we debated whether or not I should transfer my LSW and try to get a job. It would have been nice because I would have made good money but it wasn't the right choice.
A month ago we moved to Paducah, Ky and I am more than in love with being home all day with my sweet boy.  Even though I have been able to stay home the last 4 months, this is the first time that we have been living on our own and that it is just Connor and I.  I am so blessed that Adam and supportive of me not working, actually he doesn't want it any other way.  We thought about how much money we could make if I found a job here (it would basically double our annual salary) but it is still not even close to being worth it.

Here are some of my favorite things about being a stay at home mom: being there when Connor wakes up, coloring together, reading books, story time at the library, going on walks, playing at the park, hot wheel cars, teaching him how to make different sounds, dancing around the kitchen while we clean, singing songs together, being the one that gets to potty train him, baking together, watching him get excited to help me unload the dishes, watching movies and kids shows together, bath time, and so much more. Enjoy the pictures :)
Loves playing in his room

"Come get me Mommy!"

Every time I say "Cheese" he looks at me like that is a camera, not cheese



Color time

Climbing up all by himself


How did he get so BIG?

Rocking daddy's sun glasses

LOVE this pic


Picnic on the living room floor

Helping mommy clean the table

Ha this is how his shirt was when he woke up, so funny!

We spent a good 30 mins putting his stuffed animals in and out of the crib


Sidewalk chalk- learning about fall

New hair cut



Yummy!


Mom, please stop singing!

Yum! Cupcake batter


Learning about letters and reading from the show "Word World"

Happy boy!
PS- I don't even mind all of the "chores" that I have to do. I enjoy cleaning the house while Adam is at work. Laundry is so much easier now that we have our own washer and dryer! Plus I like cooking :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! He is getting so big! One of these days we will get together so we can meet him! I am so glad that yall are happy with where yall are at!!

    ReplyDelete